- Layton Rise, Horsforth, LS18 5EX
The “Horsforth Golf Club” was formed by a number of residents on 8th November, 1906. Funds were immediately raised by eighteen gentlemen promising Life Membership for themselves and their wives. It was soon decided to form a Company limited by guarantee and take lease of land on the Rawdon Estate from W.E.J. Green-Emmott embracing about 80 acres situate near Rawdon Billing.
So quickly did the membership grow that the erection of the present Clubhouse was soon warranted, the necessary funds being raised by the issue of Debentures amongst the members and on 10th August, 1907 the Links and Clubhouse were officially opened.