- Castle Road, Winchburgh, EH52 6RQ
There was an original golf club in Winchburgh at Faucheldean which appears to date from 1907 and lasted until the first war. The current site on Niddry Parks dates from 1926 when the oil company built a 7 hole course for the shale mineworkers with no visitors allowed. When the mines and ‘bings’ (slagheaps) closed in 1961 that was the end of the course and it reverted to grazing land for the Earl of Hopetoun. The major player from the original club was Mr Scott who was club champion as well as Dalmahoy champion. The Scott trophy is still played in his name and is the original from the clubs earlier existence.