- Milton Ferry, Peterborough, PE6 7AG
Peterborough Milton Golf Club has a fine, well-established par 71 parkland course set in the grounds of the Fitzwilliam Estate, many of the holes being played in full view of Milton Hall. In the late 1920s, the 6th Earl Fitzwilliam built a nine hole course in the grounds of Milton Hall for his own use and for his family and friends. To prevent urban development in the early 1930s this course was offered for private lease and R Stutt & Company of Paisley constructed a new 18 hole course, designed by James Braid, which became Peterborough Milton in June 1938. The original thatched Clubhouse still stands looking up the 13th/14th fairways.