- Fulwood Hall Lane, Preston, PR2 8DD
It was on the 19th of November 1892 that James Rigby, the Medical Officer of Health and Nicholas Cockshutt, a local solicitor, consulted with George Lowe the professional of Lytham St Anne’s about the construction of Preston Golf Course. A site was chosen on the eastern side of Preston adjacent to the Preston Pleasure Gardens in the district of Farringdon. Within a week 9 holes were laid out. The course extended over 43 acres and was approximately 2600 yards set in undulating meadows overlooking the River Ribble, complete with basic changing facilities.