- Pool Road, , SY16 3AJ
The 6012-yard course is a challenging par 70 parkland style course conveniently situated between the A483 road and the River Severn on the outskirts of the Mid Wales market town of Newtown.
Golf has been played in Newtown for well over a century although not at its current location. The club was founded in 1895 and spent the first 13 years of its life at the Bryn on the outskirts of the town before moving to its current location in 1908. Since its inception the course layout has changed three times growing and making better use of the terrain. In 1911 Harry Vardon, who was advising Llandrindod Wells Golf Club, visited St Giles and gave his expert opinion on the proposed extension to the course.