- Cross Road, Sunningdale, SL5 9RX
Sunningdale was developed on land originally forming part of Windsor Forest. It was bought in 1524 by St John’s College Cambridge who still own it today. In those days Sunningdale had few houses, the area being mostly common land covered with gorse, heather and a few trees. The construction of the Woking to Staines Railway divided the land and thereafter parts were sold off for development.