- Wilton Castle, Redcar, TS10 4QY
Formed in 1952 as part of ICI Wilton’s Recreation Club, golf matches in those days had to be played on other courses as the Club did not have a Golf Course. The first Captain was Dr. J. W. Armit who was Chairman of Wilton Works. In 1954 work started on the construction of a nine-hole golf course and a well known golf architect, Mr. J. F. S. Morrison, of Colt Allison & Morrison was employed to design the layout. Thirty years previously he had been involved in the design of Brancepeth Golf Course. The course was to be constructed on parkland in front of Wilton Castle and to be financed by ICI.