Skip to main content
Scotland Lothian

Biggar Golf Club

🤍
Holes
18
Par
68

Course details last verified 1 August 2026 from the club’s own website.

Biggar Golf Club was established on 13 June 1895, though the club has moved site more than once since then. The first course occupied elevated ground roughly a mile from where the town's railway station once stood, on land called Langlees, home to Lord and Lady Clydesmuir. A second course followed in 1901 at Heavyside, south-east of the town, before the club settled at its present location after a fundraising bazaar in 1907 raised the money needed to buy the ground and lay out a public park alongside it. That course opened with nine holes set out by Old Tom Morris, and was extended to a full eighteen in 1922. The clubhouse originally stood to the north of the course, close to what is now the fifth green, until a new building went up under Clydesdale District Council during the late 1970s; the club then took on the lease itself in 1980. Today the course runs over largely flat parkland with a par of 68 across its 18 holes, and open ground gives views towards the Southern Uplands and the countryside around Biggar. Its layout has long had a reputation for tightness off the tee, reflected in a standard scratch score set below par.

Location

Reviews

Log in to leave a review

No reviews yet — be the first!

Browse all Lothian golf courses →

Golf Courses Near You